Welcome to Sarasota County's Wiki
This wiki gives you an easy and quick way to collaborate with others and share your ideas, comments and suggestions with the Sarasota County commissioners about policies and regulations they consider. You can participate in the wiki several ways:
Click here to register/Create New User Account
- You can read what’s posted on the wiki, then edit it and save your changes.
- You have an opportunity to comment on the policy or join the online discussion.
- You can see your changes and the changes of others at any time, as well as the comments people have made.
Each policy or proposed ordinance will be “open” for editing and comments until a specified date. After the wiki closes, Sarasota County staff will review the results and prepare a summary for the commission to consider as part of its public input.
If you are new to this wiki, you must register to setup access:
In the registration window:
- Fill in a "User Name"
- Fill in your e-mail address (you must use a valid e-mail account)
When finished, click on the "Create User" button.
Click on the "Continue" button to change your password
- Fill out the rest of the registration form.
Copy and paste the temporary password in the "Old Password" field
Enter a new password (must be at least 8 characters)
Click the "Change Password" button
- NOTE: a temporary password will be e-mailed to you
- (You will then be redirected back to the wiki)
If you are already registered:
- Click on the "Sign In" in the upper right corner and sign in with your registered account.
- In the "Sign In" window, fill in your "User Name" and "Password"
- You may check the "Sign me in automatically" box
(not recommended if using a public computer)
To edit a page
Select the ordinance from the left menu
Click on the "Page" icon at the top of the page
Click on the "Edit" button
Make your edits
When done making changes, click on the "Save & Close" button on the top of the page
To view changes to the page
Click on the "Page" tab at the top of the page
Select "Page History" from the menu at the top of the page
The most recent changes will be visible
You can review any version by selecting it from the left menu
You can also compare your edits to any version by selecting the version from the dropdown menu
To start a new discussion subject
Click on the "+Add new discussion" link on the page
Enter the "Subject" of the discussion
Enter your comments and/or add any attachments about the subject
To leave a comment on a discussion subject
Click on a "Subject"
Click on the "Reply" icon on the blue bar on right side of the page
Enter your comments and/or add any attachments
You can "practice" contributing to the wiki by clicking on the practice wiki link in the right menu.
When you’re editing the wiki, look for ways to improve it by making it clearer, or by adding ideas and information. If you add facts, please provide references or suggest sources for verification in the discussion section.
Join the wiki and give the Sarasota County Commission your input.
Make it your wiki!